Old July 7th 08, 10:00 AM posted to uk.telecom
SRT SRT is offline

Default Additional BT handset query

Hi,
I have a Diverse 6210 system involving two handsets, one of which is an
additional handset and charger base. I wished to buy a third charger and
base and see the cheapest is approx 40.00! Whereas the 6100 model is 10
cheaper. Is it compatible with the 6210 as I don't see the point in forking
out over the odds- - its just for the kitchen. tia.
Stuart.

Old July 7th 08, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom
Graham. Graham. is offline

"Srt" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a Diverse 6210 system involving two handsets, one of which is an
additional handset and charger base. I wished to buy a third charger and
base and see the cheapest is approx 40.00! Whereas the 6100 model is 10
cheaper. Is it compatible with the 6210 as I don't see the point in
forking out over the odds- - its just for the kitchen. tia.
Stuart.

Or alternatively you could buy any cheap complete DECT phone for 20 or less
and register its handset to the Diverse base.

Disadvantages of my suggestion is that only basic phone features are
guaranteed
to work, and of course the new phone can only be charged on its own charger.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old July 8th 08, 08:19 AM posted to uk.telecom
SRT SRT is offline

" Or alternatively you could buy any cheap complete DECT phone for 20 or
less
and register its handset to the Diverse base.

Disadvantages of my suggestion is that only basic phone features are
guaranteed
to work, and of course the new phone can only be charged on its own
charger.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Hi,
Thanks for that. I had not realised that any dect phone could be registered
with a BT phone
Will need to to a bit more searching.
Thanks again.
Stuart.

Old July 8th 08, 08:27 AM posted to uk.telecom
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}[_2_] {{{{{Welcome}}}}}[_2_] is offline

Srt wrote
on Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:19:06 +0100 in message
:

" Or alternatively you could buy any cheap complete DECT phone for 20 or
less
and register its handset to the Diverse base.

Disadvantages of my suggestion is that only basic phone features are
guaranteed
to work, and of course the new phone can only be charged on its own
charger.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Hi,
Thanks for that. I had not realised that any dect phone could be registered
with a BT phone
Will need to to a bit more searching.
Thanks again.
Stuart.

Almost any, it needs to be GAP compatible.
Old July 14th 08, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom
SRT SRT is offline

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
[...]

Hi again,
Following on from the last points. I now have a BT freestyle 610 but I am
unable to register it to the diverse base station! At present it only works
if connected to the phone point- -
Any ideas? tia.
Stuart.

Old July 14th 08, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom
Jim[_3_] Jim[_3_] is offline

Srt wrote:

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
[...]

If it's still working on the Freestyle base, then you
haven't selected the Diverse one.

If you haven't done so already, the procedure for
registering the 610 handset is on p.40 of the User
Guide. Press and hold the button on the Diverse base
until the light flashes (about 10 seconds, IIRC). On
the 610, select Menu-Register-Reg Base and press 2
(assuming the Freestyle Base is 1). Enter the Diverse
PIN when prompted and press Menu.

You then need to select which base to use the
Freestyle handset on. It can only use one base at a
time - you would choose 2 in this case, assuming the
Freestyle base is to be used only as a charger, not
connected to the exchange line.

1. Menu-Register-Reg Base-Div.PIN-2
2. Menu-Register-Select Base-2
Old July 15th 08, 09:22 AM posted to uk.telecom
SRT SRT is offline

"Jim" wrote in message
net...
Srt wrote:

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
[...]

Jim,
Many many thanks, I finally got it working after your info
Interestingly it would not locate 2 as a base but went for 3!!
Any way its working and I am surprised to find the freestyle will operate
with the internal phones as well
Thanks again,
Stuart.