UK Telecoms (uk.telecom) Discussion of UK telecommunications.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old December 24th 07, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom
Geoff T[_2_] Geoff T[_2_] is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by TelecomsBanter: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
Default Moving a BT pole - costs

I would like to have a BT pole in my garden moved to a different
position on my land.
I put in a request for it to be moved and was told it will cost around
£1300.
The pole serves me and several other users.
Since there is a wayleave agreement, I have given 12 months notice of
termination instead, thereby hoping it will be moved at BT's expense.
Am I right in this or will BT charge me to move it anyway?

  #2   Report Post  
Old December 24th 07, 03:58 PM posted to uk.telecom
Arky Arky is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by TelecomsBanter: Jul 2005
Posts: 42
Default Moving a BT pole - costs

On 24 Dec, 12:56, Geoff T wrote:
Since there is a wayleave agreement, I have given 12 months notice of
termination instead, thereby hoping it will be moved at BT's expense.
Am I right in this or will BT charge me to move it anyway?


I may be wrong but the only utility wayleave agreements I've seen have
been "in perpertuity". i.e. non terminable by yourself. This would
make sense, otherwise anyone could demand water/gas/sewers etc to be
moved at a whim and at no cost.

Read the small print of the wayleave agreement that applies (BT should
supply a copy on demand)

Good luck.

  #3   Report Post  
Old December 24th 07, 04:32 PM posted to uk.telecom
Andy Burns[_2_] Andy Burns[_2_] is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by TelecomsBanter: Aug 2007
Posts: 49
Default Moving a BT pole - costs

On 24/12/2007 16:58, Arky wrote:

I may be wrong but the only utility wayleave agreements I've seen have
been "in perpertuity". i.e. non terminable by yourself.


Also I seem to remember a difference if the wayleave covers services
provided to you, rather than just to third parties.
  #4   Report Post  
Old December 24th 07, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom
Geoff T[_2_] Geoff T[_2_] is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by TelecomsBanter: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
Default Moving a BT pole - costs

On Dec 24, 4:58 pm, Arky wrote:
On 24 Dec, 12:56, Geoff T wrote:

Since there is a wayleave agreement, I have given 12 months notice of
termination instead, thereby hoping it will be moved at BT's expense.
Am I right in this or will BT charge me to move it anyway?


I may be wrong but the only utility wayleave agreements I've seen have
been "in perpertuity". i.e. non terminable by yourself. This would
make sense, otherwise anyone could demand water/gas/sewers etc to be
moved at a whim and at no cost.

Read the small print of the wayleave agreement that applies (BT should
supply a copy on demand)

Good luck.


Thanks - Perhaps I should have explained. It is a contract, which can
be terminated by me by giving 12 months notice.
I have received a reply from BT saying that after the 12 months notice
has expired (December 2008) I can request removal of the pole.
They say nothing about costs. I did phone BT and asked the question ,
but got through to somebody
who said it depended upon what the BT surveyor said - I could be asked
to pay.
However, I was not convinced that he really knew.
I thought he had the sound of somebody talking off the top of his
head.
It would be nice to get an independent answer.
  #5   Report Post  
Old December 24th 07, 07:51 PM posted to uk.telecom
J B[_2_] J B[_2_] is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by TelecomsBanter: Dec 2007
Posts: 64
Default Moving a BT pole - costs

"Geoff T" wrote in message
...

It would be nice to get an independent answer.


As a retiring farmer, I suggest you need to ask the NFU or CLA (but then you
prolly need to be a member) or maybe a 'rural land agent'.

On 2nd thoughts, why not try uk.business.agriculture ?


--
J B



  #6   Report Post  
Old December 25th 07, 02:17 AM posted to uk.telecom
Martin² Martin² is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by TelecomsBanter: Apr 2004
Posts: 275
Default Moving a BT pole - costs

Who \ what No. to contact at BT regarding wayleve agreements ?
Regards,
Martin


  #7   Report Post  
Old December 26th 07, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom
Obsidian Order Obsidian Order is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by TelecomsBanter: Dec 2007
Posts: 27
Default Moving a BT pole - costs

On Dec 25, 3:17*am, "Martin²" wrote:
Who \ what No. to contact at BT regarding wayleve agreements ?
Regards,
Martin


Scotland / North East / North West 0800 671408

Wales / Midlands / South 0800 581525


Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright ©2004-2018 Telecoms Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about UK phone and telecoms"

 

Copyright © 2017