Old May 22nd 04, 08:56 AM posted to uk.telecom
poster poster is offline

Default Cost of 0871 numbers from talktalk

On 22 May 2004 09:44, lesshaste wrote:

On Fri, 21 May 2004 19:12, "Andy Pandy" wrote:
I can't find the cost of these numbers on their web site though.

Which entry in that pdf document are you thinking refers to 0871 numbers?

None. In my first post yesterday, I noted no mention of 0871, but did
offer an alternative (18866) service for low cost calls.

However this was a follow-up to "Andy Pandy" not seeing cost for
"these numbers" (0870/0871) and I simply posted the URL for their
Price List document, which does have 0870, and was easy to paste in
(it had been viewed on another PC when I first posted). Peter M.

Old May 22nd 04, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom
Andy Pandy Andy Pandy is offline

"poster" wrote in message
s.com...
I can't find the cost of these numbers on their web site though.

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/s...erver?ARTICLE=
MAIN.UK.TALKTALK.SAVINGS&ASSET=PDF displays the document:
http://www.talktalk.co.uk/images/UK/TT/UKTTSAVINGSPDF.3.PDF

I went to the link for Talk Plans and last item on the right side
was a heading for "Talktalk Price List". Seemed easy to find.

Thanks, although I can't see the link from the Talk Plans page....but your link
above worked.

--
Andy

Old May 22nd 04, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom
poster poster is offline

On Sat, 22 May 2004, "Andy Pandy" wrote:

Thanks, although I can't see the link from the Talk Plans page....

Sorry - must have been "Your Calls" ( with sub-headings of national
and international calls on the black navigation menu down the left )
Old May 24th 04, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom
lesshaste lesshaste is offline

poster wrote:
On Sat, 22 May 2004, "Andy Pandy" wrote:

Thanks, although I can't see the link from the Talk Plans page....

Sorry - must have been "Your Calls" ( with sub-headings of national
and international calls on the black navigation menu down the left )

According to talktalk (complete with mock-English)

"I would like to advise that as the 0871 numbers are non-geographic
numbers and call to these numbers are charged at same rates as BT. "

Make of that what you will.

Raphael
Old May 24th 04, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom
Soruk Soruk is offline

On Fri, 21 May 2004 17:06:34 +0000 (UTC), David Marshall
wrote:
In article ,
Andy Pandy wrote:
It doesn't apply to 0845 - TalkTalk are more expensive than BT for 0845. I
think the "guarantee" applies to all numbers except those which are
cheaper on BT...

You're right. That's very naughty IMO.

Not to mention their complete inability to add up the sections on the
bill.

--
-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell
Eridani MailStripper -- www.eridani.co.uk/MailStripper -- Uncovers Everything!

Old May 24th 04, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom
David Marshall David Marshall is offline

In article ,
Soruk wrote:
Not to mention their complete inability to add up the sections on the
bill.

Yes, that's been puzzling me for a while. The grand total at the bottom
seems to come out right, but the call charges and section totals are
rarely right - and it never adds up. Weird.

Dave
--
Email: MSN Messenger:
Old May 25th 04, 05:40 AM posted to uk.telecom
Soruk Soruk is offline

On Mon, 24 May 2004 18:41:09 +0000 (UTC), David Marshall
wrote:
In article ,
Soruk wrote:
Not to mention their complete inability to add up the sections on the
bill.

Yes, that's been puzzling me for a while. The grand total at the bottom
seems to come out right, but the call charges and section totals are
rarely right - and it never adds up. Weird.

Now my mum switched back to BT, I have no new examples, but what I do
recall is the sections themselves added up, but the grand total was always
a little bit in excess of the sum of all the sections....

10p here, 20p there... they're making an awful lot of money from people
who don't check their bills.

Old May 25th 04, 08:50 AM posted to uk.telecom

"Soruk" wrote in message
Yes, that's been puzzling me for a while. The grand total at the bottom
seems to come out right, but the call charges and section totals are
rarely right - and it never adds up. Weird.

Now my mum switched back to BT, I have no new examples, but what I do
recall is the sections themselves added up, but the grand total was always
a little bit in excess of the sum of all the sections....

10p here, 20p there... they're making an awful lot of money from people
who don't check their bills.

This prompted me to check my bills - the section totals are always correct but
the grand total is usually 1-2p more. It looks like they round up the section
totals to the next penny and then add them up. I can live with that. I checked a
random selection of call charges against their price list and they were all spot
on.

--
Andy

Old May 25th 04, 12:06 PM posted to uk.telecom
Soruk Soruk is offline

On Tue, 25 May 2004 09:50:13 +0100, Andy Pandy
wrote:

"Soruk" wrote in message
k...
Yes, that's been puzzling me for a while. The grand total at the bottom
seems to come out right, but the call charges and section totals are
rarely right - and it never adds up. Weird.

Now my mum switched back to BT, I have no new examples, but what I do
recall is the sections themselves added up, but the grand total was always
a little bit in excess of the sum of all the sections....

10p here, 20p there... they're making an awful lot of money from people
who don't check their bills.

This prompted me to check my bills - the section totals are always
correct but the grand total is usually 1-2p more. It looks like they
round up the section totals to the next penny and then add them up. I
can live with that. I checked a random selection of call charges against
their price list and they were all spot on.

In the case of my mum's bills, the subtotals were spot on, along with the
individual call charges were correct, but the total of the subtotals was
invariably 20-50p out.

Old May 27th 04, 12:00 AM posted to uk.telecom

"Soruk" wrote in message
This prompted me to check my bills - the section totals are always
correct but the grand total is usually 1-2p more. It looks like they
round up the section totals to the next penny and then add them up. I
can live with that. I checked a random selection of call charges against
their price list and they were all spot on.

In the case of my mum's bills, the subtotals were spot on, along with the
individual call charges were correct, but the total of the subtotals was
invariably 20-50p out.

Could a section simply not have been printed on the bill but included in the
total? Did you query it with them, if so did they say?

--
Andy