Old December 20th 16, 11:32 AM
RichBate RichBate is offline

Default Help identifying these cables

Hi folks.

I've just signed a lease for a new industrial premises. It had a previous occupant that must have been there for quite a while.

Either way, i've been planning out our telecoms for the premesis. Thankfully the previous occupants left the entire building fully plumed up with CAT5e in every rooms, all neatly terminated in a cabinet in what will become the comms room.

I've identified where our incoming phone line starts. We're on a "technology park" so everything seems to be channelled through underground piping.

Coming out of the incoming line trunk/hole is three different types of cable.

The first is a thick black one, which i'll assume is the main telecoms line.

The second type of cable(s) look like Ethernet CAT5e, and the third cable is a fibre optic cable.

All these cables are bundled together and come from the main incoming comms trunk.

Here are some images of the cables:

https://postimg.org/image/zfyuxyf1j/
https://postimg.org/image/o3rbdaco7/
https://postimg.org/image/xcthnelk7/

Any suggestions what they could be for? EFM? FTTP?

I couldnt imagine the previous company needing such high-end connectivity. It was a company that washed fruit for a living.