Old March 24th 16, 10:38 AM
f1982 f1982 is offline

Lightbulb Trading Mobile Contracts

Hi. I've seen in the USA there are a number of services which allow you to buy and sell mobile phone contracts.
So if you're in a contract you want to get out of, you can sell it to someone else. The person buying it gets a good deal, because the sale price would be lower than the actual contract price. It's a cheaper way of getting out of a contract than buying yourself out (which is effectively paying all your remaining months up front, and getting nothing in return).

I've only seen 1 uk website offering this, but it's currently shut down.

Does anyone know why there aren't any marketplace services like this currently running in the UK.

Given how many people there are than would like to have the option to get out of long contracts, it seems like a good business.