Old October 4th 13, 04:31 PM
jumboselfdrive jumboselfdrive is offline

Default Advice re multiple extensions off a single line (and number)

Hi,

I am aware of a company who has 1 number with multiple extensions. Is able to hold 2 concurrent conversations AND send/ receive faxes and take PDQ payments but they do not have an ISDN line OR a telephone system. They pay about 10.00 per month in line rental and an additional 4.00 for the feature which allows the multiple "lines" on the same number. All calls are free and an additional designated analogue line (for MOT purposes) is provided free of charge.

On the other hand... we have (until recently) had a Versatility system with and ISDN line, a designated analogue line AND a line for broadband/ fax and PDQ and have been paying a vast amount more.

We are now looking to sort out our system and, if there is an option of having a 1-line system which allows multiple calls without the need for an additional line (or ISDN line) and/ or an additional system, we would certainly be interested in it.

Incidentally, the other company is with BT, pays the 4.00 extra to BT and had BT reconfigure the lines in his office (I think they made use of unused pairs 1 and 6). I have posed the question to BT but... as normal have had no joy!

I look forward to your responses and what options you recommend.

Many thanks

Dave