Old March 1st 10, 07:34 AM posted to uk.telecom
Dave Saville[_2_] Dave Saville[_2_] is offline

Default Drop wire query

Last Thursday evening my broadband started dropping the connection. It
got worse and worse. By Saturday I was seeing 100's of drops in a few
hours.

I ran all the usual isolation & substitution tests to no avail. Except
that it gradually got better until after first thing Sunday it has
been back to its normal near perfect ways.

The odd thing was that during all that time the connection speed/BRAS
never dropped. Always at the max for the BRAS (6m).

Now what this *does* correlate with is a period of *very* high winds.
My drop wire was thrashing about like crazy. So the question is: Could
there be a fault on the drop wire or pole that the wire leaping about
is causing *that is not affecting voice*? Every time I ran a quiet
line test it was.

TIA
--
Regards
Dave Saville

Old September 16th 18, 09:46 AM
Jonathon Jonathon is offline

does your drop wire run through trees? could be its chaffed over time against branches and what's called "battery contact" occurs.