Old December 18th 14, 04:44 PM
Sydney Lotterby Sydney Lotterby is offline

Unhappy Continuous ring - both phones

Telecommers:

BT landline - second line to household, two phones branched off it.

After intermittent occasions of continuous ringing, previously cured by picking up and hanging up, the continuous ringing is now ..continuous.. and incurable by hangup.

Worse, BOTH phones on the line continuously ring.
(The primary line is unaffected).

Worse yet, BT claim there is no fault on the line.

Obv. it is not the fault of the phone as both would not develop the fault together. Thus the fault has to be on the line or exchange? or on-property BT junction box?

Any advice before I have to call them out and risk getting fleeced for 129 whatever (I'm a professor and don't make anywhere near that per hour.. fair pricing??).
{Thanks in advance :}