Old May 21st 04, 04:23 PM posted to uk.telecom
Andy Pandy Andy Pandy is offline

Default Cost of 0871 numbers from talktalk

"lesshaste" wrote in message
Hi,

I am sorry if this is a FAQ... I have a BT line but have switched my
calls to TalkTalk. Now I see that services like telestunt offer cheaper
international calls (and calls to UK mobiles) using numbers that start
0871 etc. The prices quoted are all from BT lines but I don't really
understand if I will be paying that price or something much higher
charged by TalkTalk.

Does anyone know how this works?

If you dial 1280 before the number it'll route the call via BT, so you'll know
what you'll be paying. Might be worth phoning talktalk to see if they're any
cheaper, although indirect access telcos tend to be about the same or even more
expensive than BT for 08xx numbers.

--
Andy