Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Telecoms Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: uk.telecom mini FAQ (weekly posting) by [email protected]
This is a weekly short posting giving brief details of where to find more information about the subject of uk.telecom: telecommunications in the UK. The FAQ for the group is available on the web at URL:http://www.gbnet.net/net/uk-telecom/ It is also available via FTP in the four parts it was posted in...
April 19th 06 07:00 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 1,463
Enjoy working in a virtual office with Non-geographic telephone numbers by a_gar45
Working from home is becoming extremely popular these days. But then there are a few things that you need to consider. For example how can you choose Peter Mansion as your business address? In a business you need to meet your clients. While at home you can’t even be sure of the fact that your baby just picks up the phone of your client. People hardly care if you are working from home....
January 12th 11 12:29 PM
by a_gar45 Go to last post
0 1,103
Panasonic PABX question by Graham J[_3_]
I have a Panasonic Easa-Phone 30810BE. I want to add another extension. On opening the cover I see several RJ11 sockets, marked: - CO1 - CO2 - CO3 - these are for the external lines (two are in use) - EXT21 through EXT28 - of which EXT21 through EXT26 are in use by 6 extension phones, which all work correctly. I found an adapter with an RJ11 plug to a BT socket, and a spare phone. To
September 2nd 10 10:27 PM
by TheTelecomShop Go to last post
6 1,968
Boundary between BT and householder responsibility for phone wiring by Mortimer[_2_]
As I understand it, for a house with a two-part BT master socket, the boundary between BT and householder responsibility for line faults that affect broadband is the master socket: *even if BT rather than the householder has installed an extension*, that extension is the householder's responsibility. But what is the situation if there no discernable master socket? The other day I was called...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 21st 10 12:30 AM
by kraftee Go to last post
18 4,896
Errors in BT's area code list. by nrs22
I was sent this a few days ago, and I think that it would be useful for a wider audience to see it. It's a list of errors in BT's online area code list, some of which are many years old. http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/uk_codes/search.publisha?Search=020 (023) 80 should be (023) 8 Ashurst (023) 80 should be (023) 8 Bursledon
June 18th 10 10:20 AM
by nrs22 Go to last post
8 1,424
Ofcom corrects Brampton 0169 77 database entries... by nrs22
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.telecom/browse_thread/thread/dfd1f0c4b1e5ae63 http://groups.google.com/group/uk.telecom/browse_thread/thread/c6ec5d1891ec6f11 The mystery regarding Brampton and the 0169 77 area code appears to have been solved. See: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/telecoms/ioi/numbers/numbers_administered/#geog1
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 17th 10 09:03 PM
by nrs22 Go to last post
23 2,273
Tayside and surrounding area old local dialling codes by [email protected]
I'm wondering if anyone who may have an old dialling code book can help me out with old dialling codes in the Blairgowrie/Forfar/ Kirriemuir/Perth/Dundee/Cupar/Ladybank areas pre 1982. I am particularly interested in the 9X and 9XX (or the earlier 0X and 0XX) codes used between GSCs or between GSCs and dependents any single (usually 5,6,7 or 8) and double digit (usually 7X and 8X) local junction...
June 17th 10 07:50 PM
by Bill Borland Go to last post
5 1,857
Thumbs up
Degree Qualified Telecoms Engineers in Sharjah required by BauhausEnergy
Hello everybody. I hope you are all well. Having spent the last 5 years working in the UK Telecoms market, I am very surprised I didn't stumble across this site sooner. I wish I had as there are some very interesting subjects posted on here. I am unsure of the site's rules with regards to posting jobs on here but I am genuinely looking for 4 x Telecoms Engineers for either permanent roles or 12...
June 15th 10 09:32 PM
by Andy Burns[_7_] Go to last post
1 1,072
GPO 200 telephone cords by E27002
Hi, I need replacement handset and line (with BT plug) cords for a 200 series bakelite telephone. Can anyone direct me to a reliable source who will not have problems mailing to these US. Thanks
June 15th 10 01:02 AM
by E27002 Go to last post
2 1,193
Callerid protocol in Poland by Andrew Gabriel
Configuring a VoIP ATA which is in Poland, which I want to match what would be expected from local telephone exchange line. Does anyone know what CallerID protocol the polish PTT uses? The configuration options the SPA-3102 presents me with a Bellcore(N.Amer,China) DTMF(Finland,Sweden) DTMF(Denmark) ETSI DTMF
June 14th 10 07:30 PM
by Andrew Gabriel Go to last post
0 959
[?] Would like to decode and display V22bis data (2400baud) by JosephKK[_2_]
On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 17:05:41 +0000 (UTC), Steve Hayes wrote: On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 17:09:13 +0100, David Chapman wrote: Hi, I have some high-quality DAT recordings of a V22bis (2400 baud) data exchange between a modem and a computer, which were made by recording across the telephone line via a suitable interface.
June 13th 10 10:51 PM
by JosephKK[_2_] Go to last post
0 900
GeoLocation of UK Telephone Numbers by JDT
Hello uk.telecom, (my first post) I am looking for a webservice which when given a UK telephone number, returns a latitude, longitude and area. i.e. Query: 0141 574 xxx, Returns: (55.8659829, -4.2602205) (2 mile radius) I would like to do 'local area' searches by phone e.g. "Where is my local pizza shop?" or "Which of our branches is closest to you?"
June 11th 10 09:37 PM
by Michael R N Dolbear Go to last post
9 2,418
? US Robotics Sportster 28,800 Fax modem - PSU requirements. by ian field[_2_]
"Bob Eager" wrote in message ... On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 21:57:06 +0100, ian field wrote: "Bob Eager" wrote in message ... On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 21:34:14 +0100, ian field wrote: "Bob Eager" wrote in message ...
June 11th 10 06:31 PM
by ian field[_2_] Go to last post
0 955
Telephone service and ADSL by john wright
We get telephone service via the phone co-op and ADSL from freedom to surf. The phone co-op says we don't need a BT line to make the ADSL work, but freedom to surf say we do. As a consequence we end up paying BT for what seems to be large amounts of money for nothing. The ADSL would appear to come from a BT DSLAM since there is no local loop unbundling here. Who is right in this? At least...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 9th 10 12:24 PM
by 198 kHz Go to last post
24 3,101
Is 18185 login down? by [Lnz]
I've been trying to log in into my account with 18185 to see whether forgetting to hang up after a call to a mobile has been very expensive, but after I enter my registered phone number and customer number, nothing happens. Is it just me, or is it happening to others too? TIA Lorenz
June 8th 10 03:15 PM
by aa[_2_] Go to last post
1 2,613
british telecom NIGHTMARE by brusselsprout
00:50:58) n0mic: BT salesman suppressed a laugh i said i came to bt i am here pls give me a solution british vsn of at&t standard telecom help me had isp problems i am here (00:51:07) n0mic: bt salesman suppressed a laugh (00:51:17) n0mic: i did not know then (00:51:34) n0mic: i did not know the HELL of british telecom (00:51:48) n0mic: give ur card details? WELCOME TO THEIR...
June 4th 10 01:40 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
2 1,391
Exchange Names by Bill Borland
For many years, telephone directories have been showing progressively fewer exchange names, and more and more "national" numbers only. I note that they now no longer even include a list of STD codes at the beginning - apparently we have moved, or have been moved, to a completely all-figure-number system. Has there been any formal announcement about this, or has it just been sneaked in by the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 3rd 10 08:44 PM
by E27002 Go to last post
71 6,219
Orange SMS to BT landline by The Other Mike
Historically when I sent an sms from Orange to a BT landline it displayed my mobile number on the caller display of the recipient as well as repeating it during the voiced delivery of the specific sms. Now it would appear that another number, possibly an 0845 number is displayed. Is anyone else aware of these changes and why the previous implementation was altered?
June 2nd 10 02:11 PM
by DavidD Go to last post
2 1,003
Getting BT to fix an intermittent fault by Gordon Henderson
This is probably just a frustrated rant... So here's the issue - and it's been going on for some years now... We get a period of hot, dry weather and then my ADSL line starts to drop-out. A bit of wind, such as today makes it worse. I've tried everything I feel I can try at my end - 3 different filters, 2 different ADSL modem/routers (although both Draytek, but different models), going into...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 1st 10 10:04 AM
by Mark[_6_] Go to last post
58 5,636
BT Engineers Strike Could Shut Down Web Access? by CJB[_2_]
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 30th 10 12:56 PM
by Michael R N Dolbear Go to last post
15 2,081
Phone (not mobile) testing equipment by robert
Is there any equipment available for testing the basic functions of a corded phone without using a working phone line ? I volunteer in a charity shop and we frequently have phones donated which I test before sale. At present I use the shop's phone line and 17070 to test them which is far from convenient. I am looking for a more convenient standalone method ! Thanks
May 26th 10 12:23 AM
by 198 kHz Go to last post
3 810
Post New Thread