Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Telecoms Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: uk.telecom mini FAQ (weekly posting) by [email protected]
This is a weekly short posting giving brief details of where to find more information about the subject of uk.telecom: telecommunications in the UK. The FAQ for the group is available on the web at URL:http://www.gbnet.net/net/uk-telecom/ It is also available via FTP in the four parts it was posted in...
April 19th 06 07:00 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 1,463
Help with small office PBX system. by Olly*1
Hello all, I'm looking for any help or advice here. We have an old Panasonic PABX, 3 external CO lines and 16 extension lines (only 8 in use). Question 1. We have CO1 connected to the fax/broadband number. C02 and CO3 connected to our other number. How is it possible that CO2 and C03 use the same line number but are in fact 2 separate usable lines? I am going to check with BT but is it...
November 27th 11 01:23 PM
by Olly*1 Go to last post
0 1,296
Consultancy opportunity by Telcom Opportunity
Required: An ex or retired BT Engineer to work as a consultant in analysing BT claims for repairs as a result of third party damage. Experience of the underground network as an engineer or PPO. Please email any interest to author with contact details to progress any discussions.
November 14th 11 11:09 AM
by Telcom Opportunity Go to last post
0 1,043
Question
Crime by 2friars
A victim who receives an abusive message to a standard UK mobile from a 15 digit number such as: 425450617970265 ?? has been text by what means? The text says "from: BT Payphones" Is it a signature for a BT txt-enabled call box? Is it an online web-phone txt service? Is it a foreign number/service?
September 29th 11 02:05 PM
by Barry Stein Go to last post
2 1,433
Bt wiring problem by sidge123
Hi I am struggling with a rather old BT wiring system. We have a teelgraph pole and the wire comes into the loft it then joins a brown junction box type contraption with 8 terminals in two rows of 4. Two wires come from the outside and then join a modern white cable with the standard white/blue/green/orange wires. This then leads down to a master box which has the telephone plugged in. The...
August 29th 11 03:57 PM
by sidge123 Go to last post
0 1,225
Question
Damsel in distress by SashaK
Hello Pretty please can someone help me. I have no knowledge of telecoms and am a bit of a technophobe, so I have no idea what I'm trying to do or if its even possible. I want to connect some items in my home to the phone line. I do not currently have an active phoneline or broadband, Sky will be connecting both on these on 30th Aug. I want to be prepared by buying the right cables etc in...
August 20th 11 08:31 PM
by SashaK Go to last post
0 1,127
Panasonic TVP 50 help please by scott345
hello, I have been asked to make some changed to an old tvp 50 for someone. i have no problems changing the config at all. dial 265 and it goes through to voicemail and messages have been saved and so on. The customer would like the following to happen. call come in and is answered by the voicemail. the caller then dials the ext number to be put through to . this works and a message has been...
August 19th 11 09:55 AM
by scott345 Go to last post
0 1,029
can anyone help me i.d this socket please?? by aaronwest
found this "g.p.o" socket in cupboard in hallway. i think it might be telecoms related. can anyone here tell me a bit of info about it? google hasnt been much help. thanks. aaron http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c144/azzman1986/photo.jpg
August 8th 11 01:41 AM
by Dr.Who Go to last post
2 1,754
How to repogram an ntl smart box for 18866 by Nigel
Dear all: The subject says it all really! 18866 don't offer Carrier Pre Select, so as I have an ntl smart box (that dials 1263) I'd like to reprogram this to pre dial 18866 for all my calls except 0800 free calls. Can anyone advise if it is possible to do this - and if so, how? If not possible any suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 8th 11 01:19 AM
by Dr.Who Go to last post
17 3,315
Lightbulb
Trouble shooting Bizarre behaviour with DECT cordless phone - & Best configuration qu by Irfan Khan
Hello, Iíve just joined this forum and did try to locate the answer before posting. I have two specific questions: 1) Possible problem with Range on a DECT phone 2) How to prevent a call interrupt on a single line (with multiple phone extensions in the same property) Range Issue: I have a fairly large property (5000+) SqFeet across three levels, From my BT master point, I have an extension...
July 30th 11 12:45 AM
by Robert Joseph Go to last post
1 1,337
BRI Channels losing RR Polling by Robert Joseph
I've had an intermittent fault with ISDN2 channels losing RR polling and also getting calls abandoned as no circuit/channel available. OR are saying no fault found so i have a replacement BRI card on order, a friend of mine has now said that he has had the same fault about 4 times on different makes of PBX in the last 3 week and it turned out to be OR updating equipment in the exchange that has...
July 30th 11 12:25 AM
by Robert Joseph Go to last post
0 1,427
Vodafone Buy Out Talk Talk by Insider Knowledge
Reports have surfaced today that indicate Vodafone have bought out Talk Talk for £1.9 billion
July 22nd 11 11:14 AM
by Ryder Go to last post
2 1,707
Panasonic Systems KXTDE - Any good? by bcv
Hi, We're looking for a new phone system and have been shown Panasonic KX-TDA, KX-TDE as well as some BCM50. Is there any reason why we should avoid any of these with a barge pole? We are probably going for the IP phone route. About 40 users.
July 22nd 11 11:13 AM
by Ryder Go to last post
9 1,154
Samsung SMT-i3100 IP Phone - SIP by Craig Lomax
Hello, i have an issue where i am using the samsung SMT-i3100 IP handsets and need them to use SIP traffic to enable us to connect a voice logger and record the calls. i have heard that a firmware update can be done to change the handsets to use SIP. is this true? please can someone point me in the right direction here. pulling my hair out....
July 22nd 11 11:12 AM
by Ryder Go to last post
1 1,484
BT Hawk tester by Liam1f
I have recently bought a BT Hawk tester, with an intention of using the TDR function to check for damaged cables. This machine does far more than I was expecting it to, and did not come with a user manual. I can figure out quite a lot by just playing about with it, but does anyone know how to use it for real? Particularly the TDR function? I have contacted Spirent, the manufacturers, who have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 19th 11 07:38 PM
by OpenreachNGAengineer Go to last post
21 9,762
Using Sipgate on the BT VERSATILITY by onestop
Hi there i was just wondering if it would be possible to use my Sipgate account with the Bt Versatility system, ie have it set up as a trunk, so i can dail out and receive incoming calls from Sipgate i've tried messing around with a few settings in the Bt verstility wizzard, advanced Viop setting, but can't seem to get it to work any ideas please thanks in advanced
July 12th 11 10:54 PM
by WTB Go to last post
1 1,774
BT Landline - Multiple divert on busy? by stuckinthemud
Is it possible to divert-on-busy multiple times? For example, three lines. 1 diverts to 2 (on busy) 2 diverts to 3 (on busy) Callers only ever ring number 1 First call answered on 1 Second call diverts to 2 Third call diverts to 2, 2 is busy so diverts to 3
July 12th 11 10:15 AM
by CrownT Go to last post
1 1,427
Wink
Connection problem by confused
Hi First posting here so hi to everyone. I am hoping someone can help with a problem I have. I am running a broadband line on an extension line and want to connect a fax to the same line, however when I plug a standard phone into the socket there is no dial tone. I am confused as the broadband works ok. In the master socket (in a different room) there appears to two loose wires (one of them blue...
May 22nd 11 06:17 PM
by confused Go to last post
0 1,066
Angry
Avoid Virgin Media at all costs! Read my epic complaint letter! by MattKent
Hi there ... I thought I'd share to you my nightmare experience I'm having with Virgin Media. Having been lied to again and again by sales staff, customer service staff and technical people - I really want to spread the word about how dreadful my experience has been with this company. Here is my latest letter of complaint that I emailed to all the CEOs of the company ... this was the ONLY way I...
May 9th 11 03:54 PM
by MattKent Go to last post
0 4,367
Phone and ADSL socket by cicero100
I'm new to this forum but hoping some kind person will help me with a query please? The BT phone socket (the main one connecting to the outside cable that is) has been carefully positioned at literally floor level and as such means the carpet has to be cut around it and the filter and splitter for my broadband and phone sticks out into the room. I've seen a box advertised on Ebay which says it...
March 5th 11 12:50 PM
by cicero100 Go to last post
0 1,223
Help Wiring BT78B by Abs
Hello, I'm new here & also a complete idiot when it comes to these things so please forgive me in advance. In our property once the outside telephone wire comes into the flat it reaches a box BT78B which has somehow come undone along with a few of the wires. Our internet connection is not the most reliable so I'm guessing this is why (I know, I'm some sort of genius). Does anyone out there know...
February 13th 11 11:32 PM
by R Tape loading error Go to last post
1 2,426
Post New Thread