Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Telecoms Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: uk.telecom mini FAQ (weekly posting) by [email protected]
This is a weekly short posting giving brief details of where to find more information about the subject of uk.telecom: telecommunications in the UK. The FAQ for the group is available on the web at URL:http://www.gbnet.net/net/uk-telecom/ It is also available via FTP in the four parts it was posted in...
April 19th 06 07:00 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 1,463
uk.telecom mini FAQ (weekly posting) by [email protected]
This is a weekly short posting giving brief details of where to find more information about the subject of uk.telecom: telecommunications in the UK. The FAQ for the group is available on the web at URL:http://www.gbnet.net/net/uk-telecom/ The FAQ is dated May 1996. This may seem out of date but the basics of telecoms have not changed much since then. Please at least scan through the FAQ...
July 23rd 08 07:00 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 241
I need help help getting developer to respond by Angela[_3_]
I hope someone can give me some help in trying to get my developer sort out my problem. I have a brand new house and ever since I moved in I have had problems with my Broadband disconnecting very frequently (several times an hour). I have had the line checked and I've bought new filters. Connecting the router to the BT box proves that it is the internal wiring as it works perfectly from...
July 20th 08 05:40 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
5 372
NEC XN120 Simple! Auto-attendant by Jono
Hello, Any XN120 experts in the house? I am battling the setup of a simple auto-attendant. All calls should come in to the aa, giving callers the option to choose from three departments. The auto-attendant is (currently) set up to call different department
July 18th 08 04:49 PM
by Ivor Jones[_2_] Go to last post
4 702
Problem with NEC XN120 auto attendent looping by Matt[_3_]
Hi, I have an auto attendent on an xn120 but it fails to connect to an extention number even when the extention is assigned in the config (Analogue system, 3 trunks) ext 200 enquiries ext 202 support The message always goes in a loop when the extention number is assigned or pressed on the phones.
July 18th 08 04:16 PM
by Jono Go to last post
1 332
Uxexpectedly withdeld number on Sky Talk by Michael Atkinson
Within the past week or so, we've noticed that our number is being withheld on outgoing calls, with "Private" being shown on the receiving phone. We have Sky Talk, but line rental though BT. I'm concerned that this will cause us problems with our friends with ACR (I have few enough friends anyway :-). If I prefix the outgoing number with 1280 - to force use of BT - our number *is* correctly...
July 18th 08 09:51 AM
by Graham. Go to last post
6 599
Not Just Aerials, illegal contact to numbers on the TPS by Spin Dryer
These people are ringing numbers on the TPS. The number is shown as :- 0871 664 1448 0871 6641448 08716641448
July 17th 08 08:54 PM
by Spin Dryer Go to last post
0 1,251
Lucent/AVAYA SDX Index . How to default to factory settings? by Big Phil
Hi Does anyone know how to reset an Index back to factory defaults? I have tried the passwords nmysbh" or "nmys" in lower and upper case. NMYSBH only has user level access... Can anyone help? Rgds
July 17th 08 04:02 PM
by Big Phil Go to last post
0 469
emailer e3 broken screen by uruy
-- anybody got a spare screen for the newer model e3 emailer had it in a box brand new for likely 18 months set it up , less than a month later sodding screen has went funny on it ...........GGGGrrrrr amstrad have gave up support on the thing
July 17th 08 11:14 AM
by uruy Go to last post
0 292
BlackBerry acquired GPS Software from Garmin... by [email protected]
BlackBerry acquired GPS Software from Garmin... http://gadgetupdates.googlepages.com/garmin_navigation_software_blackberry
July 16th 08 12:05 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 309
uk.telecom mini FAQ (weekly posting) by [email protected]
This is a weekly short posting giving brief details of where to find more information about the subject of uk.telecom: telecommunications in the UK. The FAQ for the group is available on the web at URL:http://www.gbnet.net/net/uk-telecom/ The FAQ is dated May 1996. This may seem out of date but the basics of telecoms have not changed much since then. Please at least scan through the FAQ...
July 16th 08 07:00 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 267
Additional BT handset query by Srt
Hi, I have a Diverse 6210 system involving two handsets, one of which is an additional handset and charger base. I wished to buy a third charger and base and see the cheapest is approx 40.00! Whereas the 6100 model is 10 cheaper. Is it compatible with the 6210 as I don't see the point in forking out over the odds- - its just for the kitchen. tia. Stuart.
July 15th 08 10:22 AM
by Srt Go to last post
6 761
SMS from the computer by TheOldFellow
Like many people my age, I can't do typing on a mobile phone - a typical text (which I send once in every 3 months or so) takes me about half an hour to compose on my Nokia 7210 (on T-mobile PAYG). Is there a cheap way of sending an SMS from the computer (mine runs Linux) so that the recipient doesn't get one of those 'TheOldFellow has sent you a text, pay £5 to read it' messages? I don't mind...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 13th 08 12:15 PM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
19 1,076
July 16th - Anti-Phorm Protest at the BT AGM, Barbican Centre, London by Phormwatcher
Events July 16th - Protest at the BT AGM, Barbican Centre, London On July 16th 2008 there will be a protest rally at The Barbican Centre (The Barbican Theatre) in London. The purpose of the event is to protest against plans by BT Group PLC, Virgin Media and Car Phone Warehouse to deploy intrusive technology across their broadband networks for the purpose of profiling the behaviour of their...
July 12th 08 04:46 PM
by Phormwatcher Go to last post
0 395
Broadband works, phone line dead by Simon[_4_]
Here's a strange one... My phone line (service via OneTel) went completely dead yesterday. I checked with two different phones - There is no sound at all when you pick up the phone. When you try to ring the number, it appears to be busy. This is after plugging a normal corded phone into the master socket with no filtering. However, our broadband connection through the same line is as good as...
July 10th 08 04:45 PM
by Ivor Jones[_2_] Go to last post
4 671
Varying Attenuation by naza
Just a problem that's started tonight. This is basically what happened: 1) Connection drop out a weeks. Thought it was quite normal 2) Second drop out, coincidence possibly no change in speed. 3) Third Drop out with the drop outs become more frequent, this one occur 4 mins after last sync. 4) Fourth Drop out, this one has a speed drop. from 2.7mbps to 500kbps, sudden jump in attenuation to 60.5...
July 9th 08 11:34 PM
by naza Go to last post
0 253
How many PRIs per pair of DASS-II BNCs? by alexd
I'm almost certain the answer to this question is "one". A customer is imminently having "a" PRI converted from DASS-II to Q.931. There is one pair of BNCs that the PRI comes in on, yet the customer is being billed for 2xPRIs of 8 channels each. We wanted to move them to 1xPRI with 12ch as they don't need 16ch, however BT reckon some DDIs are on one PRI and some are on the other, so this...
July 9th 08 06:26 PM
by alexd Go to last post
3 341
uk.telecom mini FAQ (weekly posting) by [email protected]
This is a weekly short posting giving brief details of where to find more information about the subject of uk.telecom: telecommunications in the UK. The FAQ for the group is available on the web at URL:http://www.gbnet.net/net/uk-telecom/ The FAQ is dated May 1996. This may seem out of date but the basics of telecoms have not changed much since then. Please at least scan through the FAQ...
July 9th 08 07:00 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 270
Free Fax, Free Internet Faxing.. by [email protected]
List of public free fax service online. Search for free fax service. Provides detail of each free fax service site. http://www.geocities.com/nina1fax/
July 8th 08 05:09 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 329
Man receives 31,500 roaming mobile broadband bill by Tronic
http://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/broadband-news/2008/07/04/man-receives-31500-roaming-mobile-broadband-bill/ Despite announcements from mobile and mobile broadband operators that they have lowered the cost of their roaming charges yet another unsuspecting customer has returned home from holiday with a staggering bill lying on their doormat. It has been reported that Ian Dobsyn, a 34 year old IT...
July 7th 08 11:50 AM
by Mike P Go to last post
8 737
CPS and BT Charge Advice *411# by [Lnz]
I have recently subscribed to AOL Talk Unlimited NoFee (a CPS service) the service apparently was set up, I received an email confirming it etc etc. Today, finally, I got around to reprogramming my Orchid box to take advantage of the free geographic calls (I was routing geographic calls to a 18??? number) and something odd is happening: I have had BT Charge Advice set up (with *411#) for a long...
July 5th 08 04:46 PM
by [Lnz] Go to last post
7 553
Post New Thread