Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Telecoms Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: uk.telecom mini FAQ (weekly posting) by [email protected]
This is a weekly short posting giving brief details of where to find more information about the subject of uk.telecom: telecommunications in the UK. The FAQ for the group is available on the web at URL:http://www.gbnet.net/net/uk-telecom/ It is also available via FTP in the four parts it was posted in...
April 19th 06 07:00 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 1,463
01865 712553 by Rob
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message ... "James Salisbury" wrote in message ... Any idea 01865 712553, they keep calling but 1471 returns "This number does not accept incoming calls" Probably a payphone, or some other outgoing only...
July 5th 03 06:43 AM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
1 280
spam calls by Dominic Pinto
Alan Norris wrote: On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 23:07:07 +0100, "Andy Scott" wrote: I'm just wondering if anybody here with bt has been getting silent calls recently when you answer you can tell there someone there but the hang up just after you answer. I don't know if it's just the Glasgow area code that getting these calls but it's worrying me because...
July 5th 03 12:01 AM
by Dominic Pinto Go to last post
0 307
Help needed on CDS with BT revelation by Keith Wassell
Hi, I have a couple of BT revelation PABX's which I have obtained off Ebay, and am having some trouble getting CDS to work. When a cal come in, it just shows line 1 or line 2 on the system phones, and not the CLI. Obviously I subscribe to caller display, and I know its coming in OK, so the question is, how is it Implemented in the revelation CCU? I was under the obviously mistaken Impression...
July 4th 03 11:43 PM
by Keith Wassell Go to last post
2 451
BT Plans........ can they lock you in ? by Keith Wassell
Hi All, I just took over a spare line at my house, and BT are insisting that to do so you must have one of their three option plans. How does this sit if you were considering CPS 'ing to o0netel or someone ? Regards, Keith
July 4th 03 11:34 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
2 371
01865 712553 by Roger Mills
James Salisbury wrote in message ... Any idea 01865 712553, they keep calling but 1471 returns "This number does not accept incoming calls" It's in the Cowley area of Oxford. Do you know anyone there? Roger
July 4th 03 08:07 PM
by Roger Mills Go to last post
0 368
CLI 0448 709 xxx, what's going on? by Ed Sharp
Hi I have the following number repeatedly trying to call me during the day when I am not at home. I have therefore been unable to answer it. I would like to know who is calling, this has been going on for weeks now. Of course when I dial the number, it is unobtainable.
July 4th 03 06:53 PM
by Keith Wassell Go to last post
6 420
ISDN Line (BT Highway) connected to Windows 98 by Steve Davis
Can anyone help? I have recently installed an ISDN line (BT Highways) to enable 128 speed. However each time I switch on the computer it "fails" to recognise the ISDN line. This means that I have to pull out the USB cable at the back and works perfectly, but as I say every time I reboot the computer I have to diconnect and reconnect the USB cable.
July 4th 03 06:49 PM
by Bob Eager Go to last post
8 639
Lucent Telephone system for sale. by RW
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the place to advertise, But i have a lucent phone system and 11 handsets, the system come complete with Patch panel, ISDN card CPu etc. IF somebady could point me in the right direction in regards to selling the system. Thanks in advance.
July 4th 03 05:48 PM
by RW Go to last post
1 426
Getting my mobile listed in a directory by Dolphin Boy
Hi I have a Virgin mobile. Anyone know how to get my number listed in a directory? Ta
July 4th 03 04:23 PM
by Dolphin Boy Go to last post
7 806
Telediscount: 0870 via 0845 Access # by Ntl World User
Hi, I have noticed that recently the UK destinations 0845 access number at telediscount 0845 2 445 445 has changed in two ways: i) the usual dialling tone is missing - replaced by a number unobtainable tone ii) the system refers 0870 destination telephone number to their UK mobile phone access number at 15 p/min
July 4th 03 02:48 PM
by Andrew Crane Go to last post
2 823
No more 0870s through TELEDISCOUNT? by John Rotomano
I tried to access a 0870 number through a 0845 telediscount access number as usual, but it has stopped working as I get a message saying " You are trying to call a UK mobile, please dial our 090xxxxx access number" Anybody else can confirm this? Sad isn't it? But as they say on their website, one has to use their cheap rates ASAP as they won't be available forever!
July 4th 03 10:11 AM
by News Reader Go to last post
2 512
cheapest way to call USA? by Steve Terry
"Andy M --Tampa Bay--" wrote in message ... hello. i'm trying to find a cheap way to call the USA (landline & mobile) from my local BT landline. I can call 0800 (not 0870/0845 ) numbers for free, so would prefer using that method. Any suggestions welcome. TIA. If you're sure an 0845 callthrough isn't possible...
July 3rd 03 11:58 PM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
3 519
TalkTalk and Geographic Internet by Jeremy Porteous
TalkTalk from the CPW offers geographic calls of up to 70 mins capped at 5.5p/call at evenings/weekends. I have read through the terms and conditions and have found nothing that excludes the use of a geographic Internet dial-up number in this offer, as does BT Together. Does anybody know whether this is the case? JP
July 3rd 03 08:50 PM
by Sam Albrow Go to last post
2 414
cheapest way to call USA? by Simon C
Andy M --Tampa Bay-- dropped the following pearls of wisdom: hello. i'm trying to find a cheap way to call the USA (landline & mobile) from my local BT landline. I can call 0800 (not 0870/0845 ) numbers for free, so would prefer using that method. Any suggestions welcome. TIA. As already mentioned there are plenty of companies who will get you cheap rates to call the US. ...
July 3rd 03 08:29 PM
by Simon Clark Go to last post
3 516
BT R75 answerphone manual by John
We got thunder and lightning last night + power cut and my message has gone from the machine and I cannot find the manual. Can anyone help with a resource pdf download, scan one for me, or step-by-step how to record and outgoing message? Thanks John
July 3rd 03 05:32 PM
by John Go to last post
2 1,317
CPS and adsl line noise by Phillip Deackes
I would appreciate some advice on this problem. I use Tiscali for all my voice calls on my BT line. I used to dial a prefix, but got a very hissy line each time. When I dialled without the prefix the line was clear. I moved to Tiscali with CPS as soon as I was notified by them that it was available. The switch over happened on 10th June. That morning I lifted the receiver and could hear the...
July 3rd 03 05:11 PM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
1 449
wiring panasonic system by lbockhed
hi, novice looking at wiring a panasonic 612 anyone know which coloured wires are used for the H A B L wires? thanks
July 3rd 03 02:06 PM
by lbockhed Go to last post
0 364
cheapest way to call USA? by Matt S
"Andy M --Tampa Bay--" wrote in message ... hello. i'm trying to find a cheap way to call the USA (landline & mobile) from my local BT landline. I can call 0800 (not 0870/0845 ) numbers for free, so would prefer using that method. Any suggestions welcome. TIA. Since you can't use a service like Telediscount,...
July 3rd 03 03:00 AM
by Matt S Go to last post
0 380
Anybody able to do a reverse phone number search? Big reward available....... by Lazyboy
Alright people, Just wondering if there is anyone here able to do a reverse numebr search. A certain individual I lent money to in Australia has decided to do a dissapearing act now that we're back in the UK I've got his home number but thats it. Strangely enough, he's not being very forthcoming with his address and there is now way I can serve a writ on hime for the money until I get it. I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 3rd 03 01:22 AM
by Peter Go to last post
12 1,021
spam calls by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631
On 2 Jul 2003 23:07, "Andy Scott" wrote: I'm just wondering if anybody here with bt has been getting silent calls recently when you answer you can tell there someone there but the hang up just after you answer. No calls of that nature, but a cheap answerphone which has a "screening" facility (so caller can be heard when they leave a message) may be enough to...
July 3rd 03 01:12 AM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
0 358
Post New Thread

Display Options
Showing threads 10001 to 10020 of 10025