Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Telecoms Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: uk.telecom mini FAQ (weekly posting) by [email protected]
This is a weekly short posting giving brief details of where to find more information about the subject of uk.telecom: telecommunications in the UK. The FAQ for the group is available on the web at URL:http://www.gbnet.net/net/uk-telecom/ It is also available via FTP in the four parts it was posted in...
April 19th 06 07:00 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 1,463
no connection - MSN - Gigaset - ISDN2e - by Dave_syntax
Hi folks I'm trying at setting up phone systems at work and can't get it working. What I have: ISDN2e from BT. Seimens Gigaset DX800A all-in-one phone system (1 x base, 6 x handsets) What I have done:
June 11th 12 10:24 AM
by Dave_syntax Go to last post
0 1,472
Speaking in a pipe with an echo? by Kabous
Hallo Members Well, I am truly stuffed with this issue at home. In short: 4 telephone points at home, all professionally installed and no problems until now. #1 is master socket with wireless router in filtered Bt socket and also a Panasonic KX-TG8521E base unit phone. #2 same room, sky connection, filtered. #3 main bedroom, second panasonic unit, filtered. #4 spare room, filtered, philips...
May 24th 12 11:23 AM
by Steve Jackson Go to last post
1 1,445
BT Versatility - IP Extensions by crystal_joe
Hey, I've posted this to the BT Business Forum and have been told to ring BT, but can't due to the fact our contract with them has ended and so now they've given me the options to either begin another contract or to hang up the call.... :/ If you can help at all I'd really appreciate. Kind Regards, Joe
May 24th 12 11:18 AM
by Steve Jackson Go to last post
1 1,764
00 800 calls from a mobile by gypseyman13
Hi all, Just joined so glad to be here! I'm wondering if anyone knows where i can find a table of what it costs to call 00 800 numbers from a mobile - both from a home network and from outside a home network / international? The AA has one of these numbers for when breaking down abroad but seem unable to give me any idea as to how much it costs to call from an O2-based mobile when in...
April 12th 12 12:10 PM
by CrownT Go to last post
1 1,682
Block outgoing calls from a landline by MrFoo
Hi I've scoured the forum for similar posts and most are a little old now so I'd like to ask again please. Are there any known devices that can fit onto a landline and be configured to block certain outgoing calls please? Its the old "Teenage wont stop calling mobiles" issue and we need to sort it out. I've seen a few call guards listed on the internet but most seem to be out of stock or no...
April 12th 12 11:59 AM
by CrownT Go to last post
2 2,919
BT Diverse 5300 handset? by John Dean
I've got a BT Diverse 5300 system with a base unit and two handsets. It would be convenient to have a third handset. Obviously, the product is discontinued. I'm wondering if there might be a UK source for a single handset in this range or, failing that, a UK source for a handset that would be compatible with the Diverse 5300. All tips and leads gratefully accepted. -- John Dean Oxford
April 1st 12 12:12 PM
by LFE Go to last post
1 996
Land Line Phone Ring Back Code by Green Godess
Hi Folks, I have a Virgin land-line telephone; can anyone please tell me the code I can key in to get the phone to ring when I replace the handset. Best regards G G
March 27th 12 10:17 PM
by Green Godess Go to last post
0 1,331
How long to fix a faulty BT line? by Bill
Hi, I have just reported a faulty domestic line to BT, they have said that they aim to fix the fault by 17:00 on the 21/6/2010 Four days to fix a fault that they say their testing shows is an exchange fault. Is this sort of time scale normal? -- Bill
February 13th 12 09:26 PM
by Derek Simpson Go to last post
8 4,655
Phone System for building with structured cabling by Fen Tyler
I'm an elderly volunteer who looks after the IT system in two former school buildings (now a Community Centre). We have multiple legacy ethernet points in both buildings and a fibre optic link between the two. We now use these to share internet access (successfully)across both buildings. There is a single Virgin phone line in the Centre Manager's office and he's now asked me whether we can...
January 17th 12 01:24 PM
by Fen Tyler Go to last post
3 1,451
BT User Guides by Grytpype-Thynne
Hi, Can anyone help with a user guide for the BT Converse 200 and the BT Relate 100? I've been to the site at http://www.bt.com/customerservices/userguides.jsp?parentcat=cs_userguide but they are not there, I'm hoping that someone has a copy somewhere. Thanks Gerald
January 15th 12 07:27 PM
by Charles.Croydon Go to last post
5 1,784
SMS text messaging, over BT fixed line, using a personal computer and modem, possible by kema
SMS text messaging, over BT fixed line, using a personal computer and modem, possible????? I have read a number of posts in the past relating to mine, but cannot find a definitive yes. Is it possible to send/receive SMS text messages over a BT fixed land line/ PSTN / pots? Using a Personal Computer and land line modem (not mobile handset modem over GSM/UMTS). Some software would also be...
January 6th 12 08:20 AM
by kema Go to last post
0 1,412
3 - unlocking & nokia 7600 by [email protected]
A relative of mine is on 3. They used to get an ok signal at home. However, of late they are getting a very poor signal throughout their home. They cannot find any cause. As a result, they are finding it difficult to make and receive calls. They were going to have the phone unlocked to reveal the 2g / 3g menu and then set the phone to operate at 2g at home and then switch to 3g when they are...
December 20th 11 11:41 AM
by venmalathy Go to last post
3 693
gx15 unlocking problem by andy
hiya, im wanting to un lock my gx15, but ive been told i have to pay, being poor and having a family to care for paying to unlock my phone is not justifiable, so im looking to get it unlocked for free, someone out here must have a code to do this, can anyone advise me ,
December 20th 11 07:20 AM
by venmalathy Go to last post
2 450
Moto A835 remote unlocking out! by KappaMan
Would like to throw away the 3 Sim and put my O2 card . Does anyone know of any program like the DCT4 unlocking program ?? TIA
December 20th 11 04:48 AM
by venmalathy Go to last post
6 579
unlocking mobile phones by John D
Does anyone know the codes for unlocking mobiles which are on T-Mobile? TIA John
December 19th 11 11:01 AM
by venmalathy Go to last post
5 605
Mori making random calls to mobile phones by Spin Dryer
Mori have been making random calls to mobile phones. The calls come "from" 01313012940 They try all times of the day and evening.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 11 06:44 AM
by venmalathy Go to last post
11 1,339
unlocking a panasonic GD87 by PAN4DEM
Hi, can anyone advise how to unlock this beasty. New to use other networks. thanks Pan.
December 19th 11 06:42 AM
by venmalathy Go to last post
3 625
Audio Conference Stats by Jonah
Does anyone have any stats on Audio Conferencing usage in the UK? What i would like to know is how many UK businesses are using audio conferencing facilities, the average number of users on a single conference call and if anyone knows the percentage that use non-subscription conferencing facilities compared to subscription based then it would be of great help!! Thanks in advance! Jonah
December 14th 11 07:43 PM
by Bepeequap Go to last post
1 1,218
3rd party Connection problems wit Diverse 7460 by smee00
Dear community I am Having problems with a BT Diverse 7460. The telephone works when plugged straight into a DSL splitter. The telephone connection exists and I can Fax with the PX810FW. The first problem is the telephone will not work when connected to the EXT socket of an (Epson PX810FW Printer,Copier,scanner,Fax). I can get a Siemens telephone working by plugging it into the EXT...
December 11th 11 01:31 AM
by smee00 Go to last post
0 1,345
Ohmmeter 18 B/C by Ross
Hi All, Is anyone here present experienced in the use of either Ohmmeter 18B or Ohmmeter 18C? I am familiar with the basic use of the instrument, but am without a manual (only have instructions on inside of lid) and have a quaetion about the proper usage of the rheostat balance scale where precise balance cannot be obtained.
December 5th 11 09:22 AM
by mike theodorakis Go to last post
5 2,252
Post New Thread