Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Telecoms Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: uk.telecom mini FAQ (weekly posting) by [email protected]
This is a weekly short posting giving brief details of where to find more information about the subject of uk.telecom: telecommunications in the UK. The FAQ for the group is available on the web at URL:http://www.gbnet.net/net/uk-telecom/ It is also available via FTP in the four parts it was posted in...
April 19th 06 07:00 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 1,463
Installing Analog Phone on Network by JudgeJudas
Hi Guys Ive been asked to install a Berkshire 400 through cat5 cabling and hoped someone could help please. We have an rj45 socket on the wall that goes to the patch panel( in another room) which is also an rj45. The BT socket is next to the patch panel but I am not sure about which cables/ adapters I need to install. Can someone help me and tell me which cables I need?
October 13th 15 02:06 PM
by JudgeJudas Go to last post
1 2,538
KX-TD816 Analogue Extension Caller ID by sbillinghurst
Hi, Having re-installed my KX-TD816 and about to get the ISDN2 installed to improve the line quality (we are about 6 copper miles from the exchange) I wanted to add calling line identification (so we can see who is calling) on our analogue dect phone, there is a display and when connected to our current BT analogue line it displays the caller Id, but I can't find any indication if this is...
October 10th 15 05:13 PM
by Pellseinydd Go to last post
1 1,196
Help Needed for AB coinbox restoration by Dave Whis
Hello All from new member! I have restored a Renters AB coinbox, still with pennies etc. Working very well. I would like to trade a GPO No14a lock or No 6 lock (I have both), for cash boxes) for a GPO No 39 lock ( I need this!). This is the lock for the top front AB coinbox panel. Please email if you can help. Many Thanks
October 10th 15 04:45 PM
by Pellseinydd Go to last post
1 3,054
Post
List of UK payphones by mikeesmithh
Hi, I am looking for a list with all the UK payphones, their numbers, locations etc. I was wondering if anyone would be able to point me in the correct direction for the information I need? Thanks Mike
July 15th 15 03:50 PM
by mikeesmithh Go to last post
0 1,223
Buying a Krone-type 2A insertion tool by Alex Bell
I'm looking to buy a good quality Krone-type 2A IDC tool without paying over the odds for it. It'd be for personal rather than professional use, so spending 25 for the real deal isn't really necessary. Might the cognoscenti of uk.telecom be able to offer any recommendations of what to buy, and where to buy it? (Online retailers etc.) TIA.
July 9th 15 09:00 PM
by Eddie99 Go to last post
2 2,058
INDeX SDX 200 by PaulAshton
Hi This is a long shot! I have an old INDeX SDX 200 system which is working great, just need some advice on how to set up two additional inbound DDI numbers to groups. Currently have 01908283600 as main line using ISDN30 with a DDI range consisting of 80 numbers, I would also like: 01908283610 - to go to one group 01908283620 - to go to another group
March 24th 15 04:17 PM
by PaulAshton Go to last post
0 1,345
Old Meters by Noiseyline
Hello All Just new on this site and wondering if any of you have (or know where to get either a Detector 4A or a couple of Testers 318A) Been trying to track these down on Fleabay etc without any success. Hope you can help. ATB
March 14th 15 10:31 AM
by Noiseyline Go to last post
0 1,337
Bt 300a Test Phone/buttset by oldmoley
Has anyone out there any experience of the 300A Buttset? I have just acquired a couple of these. One is completely dead, although battery power is getting through to the PCB; how far is anyone's guess. Were there any known problems in this respect? The second set works pretty well, but I am unsure as to what I should be hearing through the speaker. If I dial a number, the DTMF tones are only...
March 13th 15 05:38 PM
by oldmoley Go to last post
0 1,306
capital outsourcing group by murphy
hi guys, new to this forum was wondering if anyone knows anything about the telecommunications engineer jobs this company are recruiting for all over the country on behalf of bt outreach and kelly , i am an ex navy engineer and applied for one of the positions by means of cv, to my supprise i got a phone call straight away asking when i could attend the 13 day induction course,thought this was...
February 3rd 15 01:51 PM
by OOB9 Go to last post
4 2,607
XN120 Auto Attendant 1 digit press to mailbox by Lectrician
I have auto attendant setup on my ISDN lines happily. It answers calls, and lets you press 1, 2, 3 for different information messages, and then at the end of each message "If you want to leave us a message, press 0". I then have 0 pointing to an SLT entension with an answerphone on it. I wanted to remove the answerphone, and have 0 point to a mailbox (602 for example, being mailbox 2). This...
January 16th 15 12:57 PM
by Lectrician Go to last post
0 1,220
Unhappy
Continuous ring - both phones by Sydney Lotterby
Telecommers: BT landline - second line to household, two phones branched off it. After intermittent occasions of continuous ringing, previously cured by picking up and hanging up, the continuous ringing is now ..continuous.. and incurable by hangup. Worse, BOTH phones on the line continuously ring. (The primary line is unaffected). Worse yet, BT claim there is no fault on the line.
December 25th 14 07:08 PM
by Viva Trowvegas Go to last post
1 2,046
Cool
BT Versatility Site to Site by Darv
Hi, I understand that you can connect two BTV's together but this requires a subscription to BT's communications servers. Is there any way I can avoid this and set the system up to connect via a VPN? Essentially, I want to connect my main office with my branch office? Thanks!
December 9th 14 09:01 AM
by Businesscoms Consultancy Go to last post
1 1,318
BT Versatility Commissioning Call by [email protected]
I've just installed and programmed a BT versatility phone system in my unit. Everything is working but extn 20 says "Commission System" on the display. The installation manual talks about initiating a call into RACE to commission the system (you must provide a phone number plus customer id). After a successful call the prompt will be removed. Does anyone know what this (RACE) is, or a workaround...
December 8th 14 03:02 AM
by davajlad647 Go to last post
3 1,646
BT OSCILLATOR 87f AND AMPLIFIER 109g by oldmoley
Just joined the site, so hello to you all. I've been lucky enough to acquire a BT tone set as above, and would love to get hold of the operator's manual for it, should one exist. Does anyone know where this might be obtained please? Have drawn a blank with the internet so far!
November 5th 14 02:15 PM
by oldmoley Go to last post
0 1,846
UK ring tone when abroad by kesm
I have a work mobile phone that is under the Vodafone network. I need to go abroad for a while, so I need my mobile number to ring with a UK ring tone. So when someone calls me and I am abroad, they will still hear the UK ring tone, and they will think I am in the UK. How can I make this happen? I heard that some companies offer the option of buying a UK number from them, where your mobile...
November 4th 14 10:22 AM
by AnnT Go to last post
1 1,457
XN120 DDI Name Display by Lectrician
Hi. I have ISDN coming into the system, and a couple DDI's. The DDI's ring different phones, but on a couple phones, they can ring for either DDI's. With no caller display on the line (witheld, or before the caller ID was activated), the screen on the phones would show the DDI name on the top line and RINGING on the bottom line. With caller ID enabled, and with a non witheld number, the...
July 31st 14 04:20 PM
by Lectrician Go to last post
0 1,376
BT Versatility PBX - Ports Module not recognised by blueglowey
Hi All, Looking for some help regarding a BT Versatility PBX and a ports module that does not seem to be recognized by it. Our PBX has modules installed in the following order Base | 8 port | 8 port | Options | 8 port | 8 port When programming from a feature phone I can see only 32 extensions when I would expect to see 40 (8 in the base plus 4 * 8 from the ports modules). I can dial all 32...
July 14th 14 12:09 PM
by blueglowey Go to last post
2 1,698
XN120 DDI Auto Attendant by Lectrician
Hi. I have an XN120 on analouge lines running well, and each line as a seperate auto attendant system with press 1, press 2 etc. I am changing to ISDN lines, and wanted to have the main number goto one auto attendant, and a DDI goto another. It looks like auto attendant is attached to the line though, so if you direct a DDI to the auto attendant, it will have to be the same one as the lines...
July 14th 14 08:00 AM
by Lectrician Go to last post
1 1,390
Xn120 So Interface by Lectrician
Hi. I have an XN120 with a 4 port BRI card. The four ports work when connected to an ISDN line. I wanted to do some testing of the BRI incoming settings, and thought I could set two of the BRI ports to S mode (right clicking in card config, select ports). Also switching the polarity on the card on the two ports. I just cannot get the SO mode working though, no dial tone to either a trunk...
June 26th 14 06:36 AM
by Lectrician Go to last post
0 1,289
Alcatel Omnipcx Phone system unknown password by eos
Hi, I can't remember the Alcatel Omnipcx office phone system password. I have tried the default password but to no avail. Can i change/reset password without the loss of the system data. I have tried to connect using OMC. tried both installer and manufacturer. Thanks in advance
May 20th 14 10:12 PM
by eos Go to last post
0 1,379
Post New Thread