Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Telecoms Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: uk.telecom mini FAQ (weekly posting) by [email protected]
This is a weekly short posting giving brief details of where to find more information about the subject of uk.telecom: telecommunications in the UK. The FAQ for the group is available on the web at URL:http://www.gbnet.net/net/uk-telecom/ It is also available via FTP in the four parts it was posted in...
April 19th 06 07:00 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 1,463
BT Together Option 3 + Privacy At Home by Michael R N Dolbear
bluezit @ wrote BT has now reduced Together Option 3 to 7.95 / month. My question is: what about Privacy At Home? We're being told that we have to make at least 6 chargeable calls / quarter in order to benefit from free Privacy At Home. What about if I have Together Option 3 - do I still have make 6 chargeable calls / quarter? No, not necessarily.
June 15th 07 11:23 PM
by Michael R N Dolbear Go to last post
0 362
Caller ID Spoofing Is It Possible Os It available? by Heidy
Caller ID Spoofing Is It Possible Os It available? Hi there, Is Caller Id spoofing possible ? its seems to be available to only USA & Canada? Why is this? How does it work?
June 15th 07 08:58 PM
by Heidy Go to last post
0 244
Contracts, Networks and Services by News Reader
Hi, I am trying to be sure and clear on an area. It is an area consisting of several inter-related components - namely, contracts for service involving, typically broadband (for simplicity "unlimited") and phone service (including line rental and for simplicity "unlimited calls"). The first key point for me is lack of clarity regarding which network you will be on - i.e. which services are...
June 15th 07 06:59 PM
by acdeag Go to last post
1 422
0303 NGN's by Steve H
Anyone know when they will be available??????????
June 15th 07 06:40 PM
by Paul Cupis Go to last post
1 354
is this a scam? by IPGURU
I received a call on Sunday from someone claiming to be from Essex county council. the originating tell no was 02083289923, trying to call this number gets network busy. Is this a genuine number from the council or was I correct to suspect a scam attempt?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 15th 07 02:39 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
14 811
BT Together Option 3 + Privacy At Home by Peter Parker
On Jun 14, 11:08 pm, bluezit=?x-user-defined?Q? @ ?= wrote: BT has now reduced Together Option 3 to 7.95 / month. My question is: what about Privacy At Home? We're being told that we have to make at least 6 chargeable calls / quarter in order to benefit from free Privacy At Home. What about if I have Together Option 3 - do I still have make 6 chargeable calls / quarter? Yes...
June 15th 07 08:44 AM
by Peter Parker Go to last post
0 299
Burst of noise on junk call by NOSPAM
I was away from home recently and found that whilst I was away there had been a call from 01223569167. I did not recognise the number and wondered if it might be a genuine call. The phone rang whilstr I was still unloading the car, I picked it up and there was a loud blast of noise (bit like an outboard motor running by the phone). As I put the phone down I heard a voice but it was obviously a...
June 14th 07 09:09 PM
by News Reader Go to last post
1 285
Setting up a business telehone PABX system by LeeBridgewater
Hi, we have a small company and currently have BT Featureline for our 4 telephone lines, but due to us now putting customers on hold for short periods, we have decided instead of the line just being silent we would like the customer to be played music or played new product advertisments whilst they are holding which BT Featureline does not support. My question is, if we purchase a PABX system...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 14th 07 12:22 AM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
15 668
Florida Dept of Consumer Affairs wrt Florida Holiday Company ColdCalls by Allan Gould
To those people that get cold calls from Florida Holiday Companies (postings periodically crop up on uk.telecom noting their occurence), I would commend the Florida Bureau of Consumer Affairs. Most of the time, if you get a cold call from the US, you can't do a great deal in regulatory terms as the UK's TPS has no effect. If you get a cold call from a holiday company in Florida, I would...
June 13th 07 10:45 PM
by dave @ stejonda Go to last post
1 259
Orange Cust Service waiting time by Lem
I haven't had to ring Orange Cust Services in a while so I was surprised to have to wait 25 minutes (and then hung up because of no reply). I had called at about 4.30pm in the week. Is this now typical of the service levels?
June 13th 07 08:50 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 450
dect phone with door intercom by Keith Barrett
Hi Browsing the panasonic webb site, there was some reference to a door intercom which could be used with the kxt series of dect phones. I could not find any details of this product so wonder if anyone of the group has any ideas. I do not need remote door opening but would like to be able to speak to the caller to let them know that they have been noticed.
June 13th 07 07:16 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 384
Number Correction :- Please help me to trace a number constantly faxing me. by computer.alchemist
Hello Please help me to trace a number constantly faxing me. This is a long story going back over 6 months, so I will keep it as brief as possible. Given my new number by BT, phone rings, it is a fax machine, hang up phone rings, fax machine. 3 times minute, 24hrs a day.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 13th 07 06:12 PM
by Fun Time Frankie Go to last post
27 1,270
Bt Extensions by [email protected]
Hi, I have a BT mastersocket which has been installed in the wrong place. It needs to be on the other wall as this is where my server cabinet is. I was thinking of keeping the BT master socket where it is and installing a new BT master socket in the new location wired up using the face plate of the origional. My question gets better... From this new BT Master Socket i need to wire in two...
June 13th 07 04:31 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 414
Holiday scam by Steve Wolstenholme
I had an interesting call today. "You have won a week in Disney World. You need to ring this number toe claim". 09 something or other. A difference was it was that it was a real person telling me what I must do. She asked me if I wanted to be connected now or later. I said later and that's as far as it has gone. The question is could she have connected me to a 09 number? Steve
June 13th 07 10:30 AM
by Ken Wheatley Go to last post
2 332
uk.telecom mini FAQ (weekly posting) by [email protected]
This is a weekly short posting giving brief details of where to find more information about the subject of uk.telecom: telecommunications in the UK. The FAQ for the group is available on the web at URL:http://www.gbnet.net/net/uk-telecom/ The FAQ is dated May 1996. This may seem out of date but the basics of telecoms have not changed much since then. Please at least scan through the FAQ...
June 13th 07 07:00 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 255
Which? Dial 0870 for rip-off by Allan Gould
Dial 0870 for rip-off Companies should ditch revenue-sharing numbers. Companies should stop using revenue-sharing phone numbers for customer service lines as they are confusing and expensive, Which? says. https://www.which.co.uk/reports_and_campaigns/audio_visual/reports/phones/0870_rip_off_news_article_557_116061.jsp There's an article in the June 2007 edition of Which on 0870 numbers,
June 12th 07 09:14 PM
by Allan Gould Go to last post
2 1,467
US Bought DECT 6.0 phone in the UK by [email protected]
Hi Folks, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. My wife bought a DECT 6.0 phone when we were on holiday recently in Florida and I have tried to hook it up with little success. Firstly, the supplied cable is not the UK standard. I tried the existing BT cable but that didnt work which I have found out on the web is to do with the 4 cable to 2 cable difference. I have been told
June 12th 07 06:29 PM
by Graham Go to last post
8 1,293
1571 full message? by Martin Jay
I've just phoned a BT residential customer and received the following abrupt message, which wasn't proceeded by the ringing tone: "Sorry. You can't leave a message at the moment." Does this indicate they use BT Answer 1571 and their message box is full? -- Martin Jay Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 12th 07 06:20 PM
by News Reader Go to last post
26 1,270
18185 - 50% increase on calls to mobiles at weekends by Victor Delta
I have just noticed that 18185 has finally joined 18866 and 1899 and is now charging 3ppm for weekend calls to mobiles. It was 2ppm for ages. Does anyone know when the increase (50%) was introduced? I don't recall seeing anything here about it, although I have been away for a few days. V PS Weekday rate remains 6ppm...
June 12th 07 05:52 PM
by Bob Eager Go to last post
3 342
BT Vision - Real or Actually just Freeview? by News Reader
Hi, Has BT Vision actually started or been switched on, etc.? Can someone provide a list of its current performance and functionality vs. intended or ultimate performance and functionality? In short and most poignant - I thought it was a freeview supplemented system (one of several " freeview ' plus something ' " services. I also understood
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 12th 07 05:50 PM
by Simon C Go to last post
11 951