Storing numbers on a BT's Tele 4001 AR Vanguard 10 anyone?

Old September 14th 06, 04:51 PM posted to uk.telecom
[L.]

Default Storing numbers on a BT's Tele 4001 AR Vanguard 10 anyone?

I'm trying to store some numbers on an old Tele 4001 AR Vanguard 10 by
BT.

The instructions on http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/t4001.htm
suggest that I press P.

Problem is that the Vanguard does not have a "P" key.

Does it mean that the particular handset I have does not have a
memory?

and what are the R and S keys?

TIA

LOrenz

[L.]
Old September 14th 06, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom
Zomaar

"[L.]" wrote in message
I'm trying to store some numbers on an old Tele 4001 AR Vanguard 10 by
BT.

The instructions on http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/t4001.htm
suggest that I press P.

Problem is that the Vanguard does not have a "P" key.

If memory serves, lift up the clear plastic lid over the memory keys/label -
it's under there.

and what are the R and S keys?

R - Recall
S - Secrecy (mic mute)

TIA

LOrenz

[L.]

Old September 14th 06, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom
SJP

"[L.]" wrote in message
I'm trying to store some numbers on an old Tele 4001 AR Vanguard 10 by
BT.

The instructions on http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/t4001.htm
suggest that I press P.

Problem is that the Vanguard does not have a "P" key.

Does it mean that the particular handset I have does not have a
memory?

and what are the R and S keys?

R is recall,S is secrecy (mute)
You say you have a Tele 4001 AR Vanguard 10 phone but a tele 4001 is a basic
Vanguard. The Tele 4002 ar is the Vanguard 10 and does have a "p" button
Look at the site again.

Old September 15th 06, 09:03 AM posted to uk.telecom
[L.]

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:51:47 +0100, "SJP"
wrote:

"[L.]" wrote in message
.. .
I'm trying to store some numbers on an old Tele 4001 AR Vanguard 10 by
BT.

The instructions on http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/t4001.htm
suggest that I press P.

Problem is that the Vanguard does not have a "P" key.

Does it mean that the particular handset I have does not have a
memory?

and what are the R and S keys?

R is recall,S is secrecy (mute)
You say you have a Tele 4001 AR Vanguard 10 phone but a tele 4001 is a basic
Vanguard. The Tele 4002 ar is the Vanguard 10 and does have a "p" button
Look at the site again.

I have a 4001 AR (it says so on the bottom) and it looks exactly like
the photo on
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater...s/vanguard.jpg

So, I guess, no memory...

Thanks