BT compensation for line faults

Old May 28th 06, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom
Sunil Sood

Default BT compensation for line faults

I guess I should know but its been a very long time since I have properly
looked at BT's Customer Service Guarantee Scheme for residential schemes so
I just wanted to check here..

If a residential line is out of service - you have two options.

1. A Daily Rate Rental Credit which is calculated as the ex-VAT
line/package quarterly rental which is multiplied by 4 and divided by 365 to
arrive at the figure.

For Option 1 - I make this 28.07*4/365 = 0.301/day credit (ex VAT)

2. Alternatively, you can choose to have your calls diverted to another
landline or mobile, in which case BT will give you 1/day (+VAT)
compensation instead for any outgoing calls you make (i.e. via your mobile)

In addition, regardless of which option you choose, any Calling Features
Packs are refunded using the Daily Rate Rental Credit - which is just under
5p/day (ex VAT)

As such, a BT customer on Option 1, 2 or 3 isnow always better off taking
the option to divert calls to another number, which appears to be a change
from last year when the situation was the other way around? Have I missed
anything?

Also, is the BT 1/day for calls made, only if you divert calls to a mobile
or a landline as well? BT give the option of both but teh BT Price list only
mentions it for "customers choosing the Call Diversion to a mobile
telephone"

Finally, I suspect if you choose the free "Out of service message" instead
of call diversion, you get paid compensation at via the daily credit
method...

Regards
Sunil

Old May 28th 06, 08:13 PM posted to uk.telecom
Peter M

On 28 May 2006 16:53, "Sunil Sood" wrote:

As such, a BT customer on Option 1, 2 or 3 is now always better off taking
the option to divert calls to another number, which appears to be a change
from last year when the situation was the other way around? Have I missed
anything?

So they've scrapped the one, two, three months (for 1-3, 4-6, 7+ days without
service) of line rental as a compensation credit... It did seem pretty good,
when I had several months (7+) credit applied, but that was a while ago...

BT Price list only mentions it for "customers choosing the Call Diversion
to a mobile telephone"

I'll bear that in mind, not that I'm wanting to have to use it, of course!
Thanks for the info. Peter M.
Old May 28th 06, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom
Sunil Sood

"Peter M" wrote in message
So they've scrapped the one, two, three months (for 1-3, 4-6, 7+ days
without
service) of line rental as a compensation credit... It did seem pretty
good,
when I had several months (7+) credit applied, but that was a while ago...

BT Price list only mentions it for "customers choosing the Call Diversion
to a mobile telephone"

I'll bear that in mind, not that I'm wanting to have to use it, of course!

I had to report a fault on one of my lines this afternoon - its totally dead
(suspect someone screwed it up when they removed ADSL from it) - and so its
an exchange fault.

Its a good thing I hardly ever get any calls on that line though (its for
the fax) as the expected repair date is the 6 June.. - now just have to
divert all these non-existant calls to a mobile

Regards
Sunil

Old May 30th 06, 02:09 AM posted to uk.telecom
Sunil Sood

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
Its a good thing I hardly ever get any calls on that line though (its for
the fax) as the expected repair date is the 6 June..

The BT engineer actually turned up on 12:30 on the Bank Holiday - less than
24 hours after it was reported faulty - quite impressive for a residential
line.

Fixed relatively quickly as well - apparently someone had disconnected the
line somewhere between by house and the exchange - so its now on a
"different route t the exchange" - I just hope in 3 months time when this
line gets ADSL enabled again* its still as "good" as it was..

*According to the BT engineer, his records showed that my line should still
have its (now discontinued) ADSL IPStream Office 2000 service on it! Still
he was only interested in fixing the voice fault and not reenabling it for
DSL :P

Regards
Sunil